TV: Bamboo Manalac's Statement about the "Favoritism" Issue

Below is Bamboo Manalac's statement posted on Facebook (Bamboo Music Live) addressing the issue about him favoring a candidate during the Battles round of The Voice of the Philippines:

The controversy went viral on various social media sites after Bamboo chose Lee Grane Maranan against Dan Billano after their rendition of U2's "One" contradicting his guest adviser, Sir Joey Ayala's words that indeed Dan outshined Lee.

Hello guys, 

I’ve been reading the comments from last nights battle, Lee vs Dan …1st thing no favoritism…I don’t play that…I go for who I think I can help..who I can develop…who I think has something to say…I’ve spent many hours with my team (off camera)..i try my best to know them as best I can…as singers, songwriters, performers and people. I know the weight of my responsibility… I take what I do very seriously…so to make decisions on one performance….on a “battle”…I think my guys deserve better than that..I believe in Dan…if I remember correctly I was the only one who turned  …I heard something special in Dan...and last nights performance…he proved me right…he shined..i was so happy for him…and hated …HATED to make that decision…But Lee…Lee has a story to tell…I just feel that I have to give her that chance…she has an artists soul…she was lost an all she needed was to find a bit of light…I know lee ..her strengths and weaknesses…I pushed Lee…put her in a situation where I knew was difficult…but I’m always a believer of adversity…to be tested…GROWTH over prize…and in defeats we grow stronger…Lee lost that “battle” but she deserves to move on..be heard…i could have easily changed the key for Lee to make it easier on her but I didn’t…I wanted to hear Lee…this battle wasn’t about Lee vs Dan..it was Lee vs Lee…Dan Vs Dan…i will continue to sit on my chair…and continue to make these hard decisions...but know this..i am commited to my artists..my team a 100% …the lights go off…and I’m still there..i’m no longer dans “coach”…but if he’ll have me as a friend and mentor to guide him…I will try my best to get Dans story told…it just wasn’t his time…I know Dan…and all he needs is a guide ..let me be that guide…be positive ..lets support both artists..‪#‎RESPECT‬ ‪#‎KAMPKAWAYAN‬ ‪#‎VOICEPH‬


Did Coach Bamboo made the right decision?

In my opinion, Lee Grane's audition was such a hit that I was one of the many people who were moved by her soulful rendition of the OPM hit "Anak" and Sarah McLachlan's "In The Arms of an Angel." But If I were to base it on the performance alone during the battles round, Dan was way better and has every right to still be on the competition as compared to Lee's performance. It was no-brainer that Dan delivered pretty well during their "battle" and did what he could to outshine Lee and it seemed like Lee was just a backup singer to Dan (no offense). So, for me, Coach Bamboo did the wrong call.

What do you think?

0 Comments